How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter **cover letter is a MUST**, addressed to Charlotte Harris, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Application deadline July 31st, 2021 11:59 pm PST.
Who We Are:
Established in 2011, The Green Kiss is a Canadian Green Beauty Company committed to inspiring people to use the healthiest and most effective personal care products possible.
Our mission is to lovingly empower people to take care of their skin, bodies, and families with products that are healthy and effective both for themselves and the environment. For those new to green beauty, the principle goal is to reduce the toxic load that people are unintentionally applying to their bodies, and in turn, rinsing off into our ecosystems.
The Green Kiss was built on creating goodness in the world and making a massive positive impact and change. Our love for humanity and the planet are what drives everything we do. We are based in Victoria BC with a brick-and-mortar store and headquarters at Uptown Shopping Centre. We owe our longevity to our commitment to clean beauty, to our people, and to the incredible connections we have in our community here in Victoria, and across Canada. People trust us because we are strict about what we carry and we are unwavering about our love and service for our community.
Who You Are:
Customer service, sales, and writing truly excite you! You have strong written communication skills, and blog/website copywriting skills, and you have experience using both. Skincare and makeup have been interests of yours since you were young. You are passionate about health and wellness and you seek out any chance you can get to know your community and build new relationships. You have a natural gift in bringing joy to people’s lives and caring for them in a way where they feel seen and heard.
You get a thrill out of going above and beyond to make a customer’s day. You excel at doing this, and you go at it all while keeping the business’s best interests at heart. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and excel at fostering strong relationships with others. You are looking to work in an environment that is filled with positivity, growth opportunities, and incentives where you are rewarded for your hard work and results!
You are a go-getter. You like achieving things, crossing off “to-do” lists, and seriously going after sales targets! It excites you to work for a business where love is the driving force and fast business growth is the result. You live and breathe being a part of a team in a growing and fast-paced small business environment where every action you take makes an impact.
A Day In The Life:
This is a hybrid position. Some days, or half days, you will be in customer service + sales, and the other days you will be behind the scenes writing. All of it will be done within our store. Your week will be split between the following two main objectives:
#1 Reporting to the Sales & Customer Service Lead at The Green Kiss and providing outstanding customer service to all customers through product knowledge, trend awareness, and personal experience.
#2 Providing outstanding communications in all customer service avenues including email, and instagram messaging, while also creating biweekly cutting-edge content for our website blog posts and any other copywriting that needs to be done.
Responsible for assisting all customers, in-store, on the phone, and online – including email, website live chat, and social media by providing an exceptional shopping experience.
Customer & Quality Care
- Assist our community members in finding solutions to their skincare, health, and makeup needs.
- Responsible for having thorough product knowledge & keeping up with trends
- Possesses the ability to seamlessly increase units per transaction
- Supporting the Sales & Customer Service Lead with the GK Ambassador Program
Social Media Communications (in collaboration with business owner)
- Maintaining positive relationships with followers via Instagram
- Responding to DM’s and comments
- Responding to questions and product inquiries
- General dusting and cleaning duties as needed
- Open & Closing store
- Cash handling & daily cash deposits
- Provide a written blog post every 2 weeks with enticing blog titles
- SEO keyword research
- Sourcing feature photos and supplemental photos in the body of the blog
- Researching and utilizing strategic SEO practices
- 2 years+ customer service and sales experience
- 1 years+ blog writing and content creation
- Interest and background in health and wellness
- Basic understanding of makeup and skincare application
- High school diploma or GED preferred; completion of post-secondary education will be considered an asset
- Experience with digital selling/communication platforms including Shopify, Mail, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook, Chatra
- Background in health & wellness
- Experience working with natural cosmetics & makeup
What We Offer:
- Full time position based in Victoria BC
- A competitive wage of $17-$21 hourly, based on relevant work experience
- Free Parking
- Staff Discount
- Discount at The Good Planet Company
- Uptown Staff Discount at participating stores
Schedule & Hours:
- Available 30 to 40 hours per week
- Work Week Tuesday to Saturday, days off Sunday & Monday
- Hours of operation daily 10 am – 6 pm, subject to change with the season
- Opportunity for overtime during high volume days