How to Apply
Gentle Earth / Island Essentials
Uptown Blvd, Victoria, BC
Since 2006 Island Essentials has been formulating and manufacturing high quality, yet affordable natural soap and skin care products on Vancouver Island. As a leading Island brand we have developed a large loyal local following. Our products are sold through a large number of BC retailers, and we are now opening our Flagship store at Uptown, Victoria. Our vision is simple, to reach out to new customers in synergy with our valued retailers, increasing brand awareness and meeting existing and new customers needs where they shop.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a friendly local employer, we are currently looking for a Sales Associate to join our team at Uptown.
This job role will entail:
Creating sales and build customer relationships:
- Greeting and providing a high level of customer service
- Familiarization of our product range and providing customers with knowledgeable advice
- Bringing a positive attitude, and ensuring a professional and friendly store environment for both customers and staff
- Represent our brand professionally
- Understand and support product promotions
- Completing & recording sales transactions
- Promote the brand through company social media channels
- Daily posting with updates about the store
- Encourage customer interaction with our social media channels
Supporting efficient store operations
- Stack shelves & rotate stock
- Create approved store displays
- Ensure store cleanliness at all times
- Booking in stock and maintaining stock balances through digital systems.
- POS operation and familiarization.
- Maintaining control over money from store transactions
Employee requirements at all times:
- Maintain communication with company management
- Honest and positive communication
- Accurate multi tasking
- Professional and friendly conduct.
- Reliability and trustworthiness.
Ideal candidate profile:
The Ideal candidate will be positive, confident, energetic, reliable, trustworthy and a fantastic communicator. Passion in providing a fantastic customer experience is vital, while an interest in natural products would be of benefit, although full training on our product range will be provided. Experience working in retail would be an advantage.
You must be able to show initiative and the ability to work independently as well as being a productive team member.
Position – Full time 40 hours per week
Weekend working is a requirement, the store is open 7 days a week, scheduling will be provided in advance. Flexibility to work stat holidays is important.
Store Hours: 10am to 6pm Monday to Sunday.
Working hours: 9:45 to 6:15pm (8 hour shift)
Send applications to email@example.com